Training Seminars for Entrepreneurs in the framework of the project “Integrated Approaches for the Promotion of Cultural Heritage: Ancient Theaters and Sites Route as Branded Destination” with the acronym i – Thea
The Development Organization “EPIRUS SA” in the framework of the project “Integrated Approaches for the Promotion of Cultural Heritage: Ancient Theaters and Sites Route as Branded Destination” with the acronym i-Thea (INTERREG Greece-Albania 2014-2020) responding to one of the main objectives of the project, which is to strengthen the tourism offer through the development of holistic cultural tourism products, with the parallel participation of local communities in a model of integrated management and governance, organized a training seminar for professionals-entrepreneurs in tourism, production and processing of local products and for cultural institutions and organizations – addressed primarily to the registered members of the Local Network of the Cultural Route to the Ancient Theaters of Epirus – at the headquarters of the Peripheral Units of the Epirus Region, ie Ioannina, Arta, Preveza and Igoumenitsa on dates the hours that had been pre-announced. More specifically:
- on Monday, November 1 in Arta (Arta Chamber – Ground Floor Hall “Apostolos Kolovos” – Kosma Etolou 8),
- on Tuesday, November 2 in Preveza (Theofaneios Municipal Art Gallery – Theofanous 3),
- on Monday, November 8 in Igoumenitsa (PANTHEON Cultural Center, Eleftherias 7) and
- on Tuesday, November 9 in Ioannina (Frontzia Politia Conference Center, Agia Triados Hill).
In the Training Seminars lasting four (4) hours, the following were presented:
- the proposed tourist packages that will be created based on the Cultural Route, after consultation of the members of the Local Cluster, by Mrs. Georgia Kitsaki, executive staff of EPIRUS SA
- the connection of gastronomy with culture and cultural tourism, by Mr. Thodoris Alexiou, Business Consultant and President of the Gastronomy Club of Epirus
- the management of Hotel Units & Food Businesses, by Mrs. Depi Karageorgou, Hotel Business Consultant,
- ways of digital marketing of local businesses, by Mr. Vassilis Pappas, Marketing Consultant and founder of Epixeirein.gr, and
- the dynamics of Cooperative Formations, by Mr. Konstantinos Economopoulos, General Secretary of the civil non-profit company “Society 3/3”.
The presentations were followed by an open discussion between the speakers and the participants on the cooperation of the local population, businesses and regional bodies to raise awareness about cultural heritage and the creation of a branded tourism products through the development of this innovative tool for the effective management and promotion of the tourist destination and the improvement of the quality of the provided products and services with the active involvement of the local economy.